Scanner not scanning

The Epson 4490 Photo also works with ExactScan.

After finally getting around to hooking up our comparatively ancient HP Officejet G85 that we bought at the turn of the century (hardy har!) I discovered that it won’t play with Mac (specifically Leopard). No printing, no scanning, nada.

But that printer still works on my hubby’s PC, so it felt wrong to go out and buy a new printer just for lil 'ol me. So I went and bought the cheapest printer I could find which is the Epson Stylus TX100 (retail Australian dollars $58 and with a ten/fifteen dollar cashback offer).

Happy to announce it works with Image Capture :slight_smile: It OCRd the text and put the saved file in my Inbox.

The only apparent drawback so far is that it is a deadly slow printer, but if we are all trying to move to a paperless office (aren’t we?) then that is probably not so bad.

Thanks for that news. It’s good to know other inexpensive Epson’s work as well. I’m zero-ing in on the Epson 700w. I’m borrowing a friend’s macbookpro and going in to the shop tomorrow to see if it works.
Will report back.

Cheers
Gary