Scanning in 2.9.7: Combine into single document

Hi,

While scanning with my Epson WF-4640 works good with the new scanning interface introduced in 2.9.7 I am missing the checkbox for Combine into single document when scanning multiple pages from the scanners ADF to PDF. Maybe I am just blind, but I would expect it on the right-hand side like in former versions. This a screenshot of my situation:

Any help on this is appreciated!

Best,

Ben

This option isn’t available in the new scanner interface yet. One workaround is to merge the PDF documents after scanning & OCRing them via Data > Merge. Another possibility is to send multiple scans to a document before sending it to DEVONthink.

To scan into a single document, select the “To” popup menu, then select Documents->Create New Document. When a document name has been added the scan button is available and on the first scan the document will be created, subsequent scans will be sent to that document.

Hi, sorry for bringing that up so much later and with a new version even.
How does that work on DT3, latest version?

Thanks,
Niels

It works a the same way, except the wording has changed slightly.

To scan into a single document, select the “To” popup menu, then select Create New Binder. On the first scan the document will be created, and an info box will show the details. Subsequent scans will be sent to that document until you press the Save button.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you.
I bought new version immediately when it came out.
The features are really awesome, they are just not that easy and intuitive to find. I should have dived into DT3 a little deeper.

1 Like