Scanning UI minor glitches when using a scanner's own interf

After starting from Import > Document (from ExactScan)…, I check the box in ExactScan Capture to use the scanner’s own interface.

It is confusing which settings are in effect: those in the ExactScan Capture dialogs or those in the scanner’s own interface. I’d suggest removing duplicated options from ExactScan once control is turned over to another interface.

When scanning multiple pages the Scanning more pages dialog (Stop and Add) is buried in the center of the screen underneath any large scanner interface window from another interface. I’d suggest always bringing it frontmost. It is confusing when nothing is happening and the application is waiting for input but with no visible dialog.

The OCR Activity window is in the lower left of the screen and also sometimes buried underneath any window that happens to be in that area. Again, bring it frontmost.

There are a number of scanner manufacturers, and among these a number of different scanner models and drivers in use.

Which means there is no general response to some of your comments. :slight_smile:

I gather that the ExactScan display for continue/finish scan is covered by another display put up by your scanner’s interface. I haven’t checked, but you might try moving the window position of one or the other. If that doesn’t work, please note the scanner make and model and the driver software that is installed. That information might be useful to the developers of ExactScan Capture.

The position of the OCR Activity window can be adjusted and the new position will be remembered. In general, it should not be automatically frontmost, as many users continue working with their databases while OCR is proceeding in the background.