ScanSnap and MacOS 27

Many using this combo will already be aware of this, but the current ScanSnap software doesn’t work with MacOS 27 Golden Gate (it get stuck processing the scan). There’s a beta version here which solves the issue. It has to be manually installed as if it’s a fresh installation, but doesn’t overwrite your existing settings, and will scan to DT as normal.

10 Likes

Yes the beta version works great, even with my old ix500!

1 Like

@NickLowe THANK YOU SO MUCH for this information. I bought a new scanner since I thought it was something with my ix500. Like @tinksquared said, it works with my old ix500 and the new one is going back!

4 Likes

Thanks so much for this! And now that I know it works with tinksquared’s ix500, here’s hoping that my slightly less ancient ix1500 will also continue to be supported. :grinning_face:

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I have the same issue. It‘s the scansnap App which is not working. I was Award of the Beta. Thank you!

1 Like

Just another example why I never upgrade to the initial release of a macOS major update. I am of the opinion that Apple OS releases are not dependent on adaquate testing to fix class 1 and serious class 2 bugs but on a calendar schedule. In the last 5-10 years I have not witnessed a major OS release that did not have serious issues left in it. I always wait for the AppleOS xx.1 release at minimum. I am fed up with being a volunteer beta tester for Apple and offering to report serious bugs without some form of compensation. When working for Apple decades ago I used to get paid for doing that stuff and I no longer are going to give them my experience and skills for free. I have found such things as a way to bypass the 28 digit recovery code and how to totally wipe out a Mac silicon internal SSD to its initial out of box state without a second computer or password without hacking, but I am not about to share it as they are security risks but are useful to me for recoverying data or corrupted drives. If I tell Apple they will likely disable them without creating tools for users to fix such issues themselves.

I may wrong, but wouldn’t it be on ScanSnap to make sure their software works on upcoming releases?

2 Likes

Great. Thanks. Will wait for the end of September for 4.1 release