ScanSnap trouble

mrglsmrc, thanks for your posts. I installed V2.2L11 (build 1006) back in October and unless I’m missing something, the links you posted appear to be for the same driver.

After a quick search, I did notice that a new ScanSnap model is now available, at least in Japan, but I wasn’t able to locate any new drivers for that model or any others in the ScanSnap line.

hi ,
i am sorry that i mislead you. i based my information on a posting yesterday at macupdate. i wasn’t aware that their news was not current news.
i intend to buy a scansnap but i don’t have one yet. i am waiting for the 510m to be paired with a newer version of adobe acrobat because it is my understanding that oem versions of acrobat are not upgradable.
so i wasn’t aware of the fujitsu details in the same way that you are.
marc

Before I read that it was the same software, I installed it, and to my surprise found that it makes an enormous difference! I had everything plugged in—accidentally, even two keyboards—and if faultlessly processed 41 pages, double-sided. I got bold, and scanned a batch of 85 pages—all processed without problems, and DT took care of it immediately.

Now I am even more confused. Perhaps something was after all wrong with the installation. Nonetheless, I am very glad, fingers sort-of-crossed, that it works so well.

sounds like you had a file permissions problem due to a faulty installer.
that’s my educated guess. do you ever rebuild your permissions, smolk?
best regards,
marc

I have rebuilt permissions several times, and do so on a regular basis. With my regular keyboard, things went wrong again after successfully scanning 30’s of pages several times, and when an error occurs, it tends to persist. I reinstalled ScanSnap, plugged my old Apple keyboard in, and it worked again (reinstalling the software was necessary, however).

Update: it still works now, unplugging the enw keyboard, using the old. One thing that struck me: DT asks to make DT the application to which ScanSnap sends its files by default, but I cancelled that; ScanSnap finds DT anyway via its own preferences, and this set-up happens to coincide with successful scanning.