Scoped Search not available?

Hi, when I search in my DTTG app I expect a selection where I want to search (Group, Database…).

This scope is indeed available when you search from within a database. From the main screen a scope like “In Database” wouldn’t make any sense.

However, DEVONthink To Go 2.7.4 has an issue on iOS 13.1 or later where no scope is visible at all in some circumstances. This will be fixed in 2.7.5.

o.k. then I’am looking forward to the new version. And yes, I search inside a Database.

Isn’t search scope relevant on iOS when using URL schemes?

If I’m outside the app and I kick off something like: x-devonthink://search?query={imagine this url encoded name:“some file” scope:“some database”}

In this case I’d want the app to launch and search “some database” for the name “some file”. This works fine on the mac client, but on iOS it incorrectly treats the search scope as a search term.

Thoughts?

This works fine on the mac client, but on iOS it incorrectly treats the search scope as a search term.

iOS ≠ macOS and the underlying technologies in DEVONthink and DEVONthink To Go are not the same.

In this case I’d want the app to launch and search “some database” for the name “some file”

No, this will not work. As noted in the documentation…

scope: The UUID of the database of group to search. Optional; if not set DEVONthink To Go searches all databases

So you need to get the item link - via long-press on the database or group.

Thanks, I did get it working. My primary issue was using Mac documentation to build out the iOS URL schemes. Just easier to browse on my computer and made the incorrect assumption scope was implemented the same way.

Appreciate the help.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

We have plans to make the search language similar to the one of DT3.

1 Like