Script for "Item link from clipboard" in TSV sheet

Hello,

Being someone who doesn’t know how to script, but am willing to learn and play around, could someone point me in the direction what I would need to do to create a script that modifies contextual menus or dropdown menus in TSV sheets?

When using a TSV sheet, I turn a column into “Item Link”. However, the problem is that I cannot simply copy and paste an item link into that field. The link needs to be navigated through a dropdown contextual menu. This is difficult when scrolling through hundreds of files.
So, I am hoping to add an option to that dropdown menu - i.e., Add Link from Clipboard.
That is, copy an item link in a different window or whatever, then go to the TSV docu, pull the dropdown and choose “Copied Link”, or something to this effect.

This reminds me of another script that would be useful. When trying to duplicate a file, the contextual menu does not include a “Here” or “Current Location” option. If I just want to create an instant duplication, I have to navigate through the contextual menu to find the folder/group. The current location “might” be within the recent locations, but sometimes finding the current group/location sometimes requires navigation.

Any brief ideas on where to begin learning how to script this command would be appreciated.

Regards,

I doubt that a script can modify any menu in an app. Which is also a good thing, since that would be a very nice way to shoot yourself in the foot.

When trying to duplicate a file, the contextual menu does not include a “Here” or “Current Location” option. If I just want to create an instant duplication, I have to navigate through the contextual menu to find the folder/group. The current location “might” be within the recent locations, but sometimes finding the current group/location sometimes requires navigation.

?
Why wouldn’t you just press Command-D?

1 Like

probably because I’m silly and didn’t know I could do that! I think I need to spend some time looking at the commands and keyboard shortcuts.
Thanks Jim.

Haha! No worries and you’re welcome :slight_smile:

Also, look at the Data > Move to utility popover as well. When you open the popover and hold the Option key, you can duplicate that way as well.