Script to create a note from calendar

Does anyone have, or know if it would be possible, to automatically create a DevonThink document that is already populated with information from a calendar event (Subject, time, and meeting attendees).

thanks –

I’m not aware of such scripts but this should definitely be possible, see e.g. this script for Eastgate’s Tinderbox:

I don’t have such an event to test, but have you tried dragging and dropping the event from Calendar to DEVONthink?

I was curious and tried. Dragged a calendar.app entry into DEVONthink Group and it comes in as an *.ics file and displays the event in a daily view as would be displayed in calendar.app. None of the standard metadata fields in DEVONthink (far as I can tell) show info about the event. Frankly, didn’t expect it would, but like @cgrunenberg said, I’m guessing it’s possible. For me, being in my Calendar is good enough so not pursuing it.

1 Like

Dragged a calendar.app entry into DEVONthink Group and it comes in as an *.ics file and displays the event in a daily view as would be displayed in calendar.app

Yep. I used to do this with my financials database long ago.

Thanks all – that first link looks like it has what I need. I’ll need to brush up on my AppleScript skills that I use once every couple of years for these kind of things.

It might be possible by using Hook:
Add date to Fantastical title - Share your Hook scripts - Hook Productivity Forum