Script to Rename PDF Title to File Name

Hi everyone, I’m trying to figure out how to change a PDF’s Title metadata in the Properties tab to the File Name. The goal is to import a batch of PDF’s which I have specifically named and the have the Title property match. I’m really at a loss how/if this can be accomplished. Any help will sure be appreciated.

Darryl

DEVONthink doesn’t support changing PDF properties via AppleScript currently, therefore this would require a third-party app or shell script.

One could try to figure out something with JXA/AS-ObjC and Apple’s PDFkit. Although I’m not convinced that it’s A Good Idea: the PDF metadata title should represent the title of the PDF (ie an intrinsic attribute), not the completely arbitrary filename.

Thank you for the clarification.

I’m not familiar with “JXA/AS-Obj-C”. And I agree with you regarding the meta data. This was my last attempt to find a way to batch edit the PDF metadata. I was planning to batch rename the PDF’s from the file name to the title I want (hoping that DTP could do that) and then batch change the file names again. I was hoping for a workaround solution as I have not been able to figure out how to just batch change the Title of PDF’s from a list or text file. Back to the drawing board.