Scripting a PC to Mac...works but

On my pc i write Powershell scripts. Devonthink doesn’t regonize .ps1 file. I created a script on my pc that: changes extentions on the pc to .txt. Copy to my Mac. Put into Devonthink.

These files will change frequently: is there truly no way stop them all duplicating within Devonthink? I saw some other posts but didn’t know if that has changed.

Thanks…Michael

What do you want to achieve? And why do the scripts “change frequently”? And what exactly is “duplicating” when and where?

So, you wrote a script on your PC which changes the extension from ps1 on txt on your PC. You are running that script on your PC? And what do you “Copy to <your> Mac” – this script that changes extensions? Or a script with a changed extension? I’m sorry, but your post is lacking vital information.

And why not simply use the hidden preference to make DT recognize ps1 as text files (see the fine manual, there’s an Appendix on hidden preferences).

1 Like

Use

defaults read com.devon-technologies.think3 AdditionalPlainTextExtensions

to see wich other extensions you have and copy the result and add ps1

defaults write com.devon-technologies.think3 AdditionalPlainTextExtensions -string .otl .log .ps1

Hint: ps1 files are threaded like tetx files without syntax highlighting. If you need syntax highlighting use a markdown file and insert code blocks with prism highlighting.

Cheers,
Thomas

Yes, please clarify the actual issue here.