Search Airmail with DEVONsphere Express

Hello everybody,
do you happen to know how to have Airmail mails indexed and searchable with DEVONsphere?
Spotlight finds the mails, but DsE does not. Tried to add the path Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Group Containers⁩ ▸ ⁨2E337YPCZY.airmail⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨it.bloop.airmail2⁩ but no result.
Any ideas?
Sincerely,
Sven.

1 Like

Where exactly does Airmail store its emails in which format? Does it create a dedicated folder in ~/Library/Caches/Metadata or ~/Library/Metadata?

Hello cgrunenberg,
I thought it was the path in my request, looks like a database .db for body and another one for Message for each account. There is nothing in the Metadata folders you suggested. Looked a bit around in the Library folders but found nothing.
Any other ideas?
Is there a way to find out where spotlight scans the data from?

I’d suggest to contact the developer.

The data location is available within the Airmail app under Window-Show Airmail Data. I added this location to Devonsphere and re-indexed but emails do not show. Is this a proprietary database format of some sort not accessible to Devonsphere? Presumably if Spotlight can access them the format is known.

This seems to be a database, not an email (.eml or .emlx) or mailbox (.mbox) format. As it doesn’t even have a unique extension, it’s unlikely that Airmail includes Spotlight plugins for it (e.g. maybe it uses the CoreSpotlight API especially for databases).

Vendor’s response when asking for details about format was not helpful - oh well:

" No sorry. We give no access to this information and probably you will compromise the app functionality"