Search / Filter RSS feeds

Hi,
I would like to filter/search within my subscribed RSS feeds for all that are not read and that contain any of a set of words in the name field.

The help says

The list of predicates consists of a list of blocks, each beginning with All or Any , defining whether all (Boolean AND) or any (Boolean OR) of the contained predicates need to be true for the document to be returned as a result.

I can create an ALL block but how do I add an Any block within an All block? … or is my logic wrong? ;-0

Thanks for your help,
Claus

Actually there’s no need to learn the complete search syntax, just use the advanced toolbar search and its user interface. The conditions of the search (or smart group) could be…

Marked as Unread
Name matches word1 OR word2 OR word3 OR …

1 Like

Thanks! The advanced toolbar search was useful to be pointed out!

Now, I have a follow-up question: what is the difference between Name matches and Name contains in the scenario with multiple OR clauses?

Thanks,
Claus

Only the matches condition supports operators & wildcards (like OR) whereas the contains condition (and likewise is/begins/ends) looks for the entered string

1 Like

… and yet another follow-up question:

where is this saved search on iPadOS? – On macOS it appears right in the open database, but I am unable to see it on iPadOs.

Thanks,
Claus

Smart groups aren’t supported on iOS yet.