Searching for tag is not X

Is it possible to find documents in DTP for which the tag is not “X”?

I’m working through a pile of documents and want to tag the ones I’ve done, and then have a smart group showing just the ones that remain to be done. (I can’t use labels because I’m already using that for something else and a document can’t have more than one label)

Seems like it ought to be simple but I can’t figure out a way to do it

If you want a Smart Group that returns all documents with no tags, I’ve posted an example at the end of this thread. You can also mark documents with a flag (Data>Mark>As Flagged) to set another identifier in addition to a label.

I was considering referring to that thread but better you did since the example there’s yours, Greg. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestions but neither solves it for me in this case: I’m also already using the flag for something else, and all the documents already have multiple tags.

The best workaround that I’ve been able to come up with so far is to tag everything as “ToDo” to start with, then remove the tag for each document as I process it.

If anyone’s got a direct solution for the original question I’d be pleased to hear it, though

I was referred to this thread from elsewhere. Can I please add my voice to this request. Would very much like to see “Tag is not” implemented.