Searching specific databases

Can someone point me to tutorials or instructions for how to create my own plugin that would search a library’s own database?

The one I’m interested in is: duke.summon.serialssolutions.com
This is Duke University’s own site that searches the various databases it has access to. I’m part of the Duke community so I have access (and I think outsiders can use the website too, just not read the articles, etc.)

Are the DEVONagent Pro Help Topics “Plugin Development”, “Creating Your Own Plugins”, and “XML and JSON Keys” not helpful?

A number of academic bloggers have posted their techniques and plugins.

This DEVONagent forum has other examples.

So far, I haven’t been able to get it to work…

Here’s all I’ve got so far:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Description</key>
	<string>Searches the web using &lt;duke.summon.serialssolutions.com&gt;.</string>
	<key>EngineUrl</key>
	<string>http://duke.summon.serialssolutions.com/#!/search?ho=t&amp;l=en&amp;q=_agentQuery_</string>
	<key>Identifier</key>
	<string>duke.summon.serialssolutions.com</string>
	<key>Info</key>
	<string>Duke Library (articles search) Plugin</string>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>Duke Library (articles search)</string>
	<key>OffsetPerPage</key>
	<integer>1</integer>
	<key>Operators</key>
	<integer>59</integer>
	<key>ParseLinks</key>
	<true/>
	<key>ResultsPerPage</key>
	<integer>10</integer>
	<key>Start</key>
	<integer>0</integer>
	<key>Version</key>
	<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I don’t get any result with this plugin at all. I know when the search is performed on that page itself, the website uses infinite scroll to get more results. Is that one of the problem points why the plugin isn’t working?

Oh, perhaps this should be moved to the “scripting” section? Sorry, I didn’t realize that sub-forum existed.

Looks like no one wants to touch with with a 10-foot pole? :wink:

This website requires JavaScript and therefore it’s not yet possible to create a simple JSON/XML plugin for this.

Hi,

Appreciate this is a couple of years old now but is it still the case that a plugin and/or script can’t be used on this site? Sorry, don’t know how to check if the type of website is still JavaScript my institution is hud.summon.serialssolutions.com

Thanks in advance.

It’s still the same, the website doesn’t work at all without JavaScript.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.