Selective Sync for DT3?

Hello everyone,

DEVONthink To Go allows to download and sync databases only partially. Downloaded files are kept until a limit is met, then the items are purged to keep the downloaded database small.

Since we arrive now in a time and age of soldered-on SSDs which are rather small or abhorrently costly in Macs, can we get that feature for DT3 on Mac as well?

I really like the idea to have the entire database on my WebDAV NAS and only download files that I really need, being able to organize and tag files without downloading them, thus keeping the amount of data on my Mac rather small.

Can we have that? :smiley:

And what do you do when the NAS is unavailable and/or your network is down or spotty?

Same thing as with the iOS version: Wait until the network is working again…

If the drive is unavailable/broken, that’s a whole different can of worms, but that is the risk of the user configuring it like that, right? :wink:

Jim, I understand where you are coming from with your questions, but those are not really legitimate reasons to deny that feature. Of course things can break and networks can go down, but I see real benefits of such a feature.

We’ll consider this for future releases.

1 Like