Server Bug: Cannot Open Page Link

I am able to open page links fine on DT3 desktop.

However when I try to do the same via the Server, the page links are not recognized

Example here:

I am able to open page links fine on DT3 desktop.
However when I try to do the same via the Server, the page links are not recognized

Remember: Server is a simpler web view of databases and does not have all the same functionality as the macOS application. This is not a 1:1 comparison.

Development will have to assess the feasibility of this.

Yes - understood.

That said, a feature such as this might well make it worthwhile for a good number of users to upgrade to the Server version.

The ability to share a database with team members or especially with a client without that person needing to install Devonthink and sync a database would be really transformative. If I want to share a project with a client, the ability to link to a specific page is pretty fundamental.

I think you are on the right path in creating the Server as the highest tier version of the software - but it needs to be functional for professional use in order to create that value. It might well be worth even more than the current pricing plan if it had similar functionality to the desktop version.

The comments are appreciated.
Actually, this may be more feasible to fix. I just noticed a problem in your screen capture…

This should not be prefixed with a standard HTTP protocol as the URL scheme is functional on its own.

Understood

I am not sure where that http comes from however or how I can eliminate it.

This is what I see in the Desktop - the links work both in the top pane under URL or in the lower pane in the address bar:

But for some reason the same data is depicted this way in the Server - and the link does not work in either pane:

I am not sure where that http comes from however or how I can eliminate it.

Simply - you can’t.

We can look into the improper prefixing, but discussing this with Development, you are running into a technological issue. The URL scheme points to files in a DEVONthink database. The other individual would not have that database, so the URL points to a resource they don’t have.

There may be some ways to provide this but it would require much more development and likely would only be investigated post 3.0 release.

I don’t think there is any technical barrier. It works very well to display my entire PDF file right now over the web. Surely if that is possible then it can simply open the same PDF to a specific selected page.

That is all I am trying to do - take a PDF which already displays well via the web viewer and create a bookmark to a specific page within that PDF. Surely that is possible.