Services no longer there

Hello,

For no reason that I know of, all my DTPO services have disappeared except “Take plain note” !
I was using “Take rich note” very regularly, and I would like to have it back.

Any ideas? Do I need to reinstall DTPO entirely?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

W.

Disappeared from where?

@BLUEFROG
I have a similar problem. In the right-click menu, there are a lot of services , even unwanted services from the older DTPO-Version , but icannot activate “Add to DEvonthink 3”, although i tick it in the “Services” Submenu in the "Shortcut"Menu of the Mac Preferences.
I also would like to have back “TAke a RTF Note”.

What should i do in order to:

• make completely dsappear all services of the older DTPO
  • make appear the lacking services of the new DT3 ?

Thank you

Have you removed the DEVONthink 2 application from the /Applications folder and rebooted them machine?

I didn’t remove DTPO2 yet as i was afraid loosing some last infos in library (old inboxes), but i will do so.

But this should not be a reason while the NEW items are not there?

Please check in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services that the desired ones are enabled.

When you launched DEVONthink 3, the Global Inbox for DEVONthink 2 should have been copied to 3’s App Support folder. At a minimum, you should delete the 2.x application and reboot. Deeper cleaning could also be done, if needed.

OK, thank you.
@cgrunenberg yes, all teh services are checked there! (in the “text” part, but also partially in “image” part)

Services are dependent on what the current application is reporting. They are not all shown, all the time.

What you are selecting and in what application matters. And different applications can report different things with the same data. For example, selecting text in Safari will show different services than selecting text on the same page in Firefox or Chrome. Safari allows for Rich Text; the others do not.

OK @BLUEFROG, thank you.

But what is the difference between “Add a note” and “Take anote” please?

… but i am pretty sure that before, i could take RTF-Notes from a Chrome-Page ?!

But what is the difference between “Add a note” and “Take anote” please?

I’m not sure what you’re referring to here. Can you clarify?

@BLUEFROG please refer to my screenshot. besides Markdown document, there are five ways to add some text…

With plain and rich text, you can Take a note, which creates a new note of the specified type. Append will add text to that file until you create a new one via the Take command.

Thank you @BLUEFROG, the FRench translations are perhaps not very accurate, i will play with and let you know.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

As far as I know Chrome still supports only plain text.

That is correct. The rich text services aren’t active in Chrome or Firefox.