Setting topic notification level

How does one set the notification level (watching, tracking, muted, normal) for a topic? The instructions from the Discourse New Users Tips and Tricks page are:

“You can change your notification level for any topic via the notification control at the bottom, and right hand side, of each topic. (Notification level can also be set per category, look for the notification control on the upper right of each category page.)”

Yet I don’t see the control on any topic. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Like

Welcome @CaptainEddie!

It’s right under the posts…

and now, since I responded, I see…
Setting%20topic%20notification%20level%20-%20Site%20Feedback%20-%20DEVONtechnologies%20Community

1 Like

Thanks, Jim!

I actually was looking to set the notification level at the higher parent topic level at which one simply scrolls down more or less infinitely. However your screen shot gave me the clue I needed to understand the information from Discourse. The default notification level is normal as indicated by a circle. At parent topic level the notification control is indeed right there, just to the right of the “+ New Topic” button…a little circle which could have an infinite number of other more likely interpretations. To have help or a user manual as good as those provided with DEVONtechnologies products would really be a boon to users unfamiliar to the Discourse interface. Despite what Discourse suggests playing with an interface to attain desired results is terribly unproductive.

Again thanks!