Setup My DevonThink - Will Pay

Hey everyone,

I’m very intrigued with DevonThink and it’s vast use cases. However, I don’t have the time to learn how to do everything and setup DevonThink.

I’m looking to hire a pro from the forum to give me the fast pass and help me set everything up. Along with giving me a quick tutorial on how to use it.

Looking to store data on my own servers, import my apple notes, use this for my email clients, and sync with my iPhone.

I have spent time reading and watching Youtube videos but am throwing in the towel. Please shoot me a DM if you’re interested. Thanks!

Welcome @turbo

However, I don’t have the time to learn how to do everything and setup DevonThink.

You don’t need to learn how to do everything. I have ~30,000 working hours in our apps and I still learn things. Only @cgrunenberg may know how to do everything as he’s the CTO and Lead Developer :slight_smile:

Also, as we’ve noted many times, there is no singular way to set up DEVONthink and databases. This is highly situational, whether the dictates are personal or collaborative.
See the Getting Started chapter, including the Building Your Database section for some discussion on this.

Looking to store data on my own servers

• For what reason?
  • Are you on a gigabit Ethernet connection?

Importing and indexing are discussed in the Help > Documentation > In & Out > Importing & Indexing Pay special attention to the Indexing and the filesystem section so you understand how actions in DEVONthink can affect files in the file system.

import my apple notes

See File > Import > Folders & Attachments from Notes

use this for my email clients

Email archiving is covered in the In & Out > Archiving Email, Windows > Sidebar: Email, and Preferences > Email of the built-in Help or manual.

and sync with my iPhone.

Sync is covered in the Help for each application:

• For DEVONthink, sync is covered in the Help > Documentation > In & Out > Sync, Preferences > Sync, and Troubleshooting > Sync Issues.
  • For DEVONthink To Go, sync is covered in the ? > Help > Sync your databases section.

There is a forum post on syncing: Sync Types Explained . This is a good place to get an overview and determine if you need to use a remote sync option.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!

Looking to hire someone to help me set everything up. As stated in my original post I’m looking for the fast pass and not looking to setup on my own. I have my own specifications and will share with anyone who is willing to help and to be compensated in return.

You may find your needs are unique only in the details. You will have to communicate your ideas one way or the other, so why not post what you need here?

If it turns out you need a lot of Apple scripting or something else that requires expertise and time, you may have a far better problem description after kicking ideas around.

Good luck with your project!

1 Like

Thank you, I’d rather communicate to whoever would be able to help me out.

The specifications aren’t too far out there

Asking someone to help you (even for money) without letting them know with what exactly? It’s a bit like saying “Hey I need an architect, but I’m not going to tell if if it’s for a hut, a 27 room villa, a factory building or a bridge.”

Also, after DT has been “set up” (whatever that means), you’ll still have to learn how to use it effectively and efficiently, possibly modify the original setup as you find out how it works for you etc. So you’ll have to learn how to tame the beast anyway.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone, received a few messages so far!

If anyone is interested in helping please DM me. Thanks