Setup Suggestions

I’ve had DEVONthink Pro for a while but hesitated using it because I’m not sure how to really get started. However I’m going to begin research for the purchase an EV (electric SUV) and figure that this would be a good way to get started with DEVONthink. Any suggestions on setting up a database for this type of usage? Is there a way to automatically get the information I need without being overwhelmed with a deluge of articles and documents? Would categorization be done with tags or setting up containers or folders? I want to get started with this program but really don’t know where to begin. I did pick up “Take Control of DEVONthink 3” and will dive into it this week.

1 Like

A single device?
I have a Mac and iPad so I also had to set up the sync process

I wouldn’t overthink this in starting
You have files that need to be stored somewhere - my destination is a Devonthink database

First step is to create a database

Would categorization be done with tags or setting up containers or folders?

I use tags for organization
Groups (folders/containers) are supported, but I only use them for simple record groups

2 Likes

Read the Building Your Database section ifvthe help and manual. Also, there’s a tutorial in DEVONthink’s Help > Tutorials.

I have a Mac, iPad, and iPhone. I also have DTG so I’ll have to learn that also.

Thanks. I’m not used to the help system in apps being much help so I’ll definitely check that out along with the manual.

You’re welcome :slight_smile: