Shortcuts to search selected text in DEVONagent

Are there any plug-ins or scripts for sending selected text to DA? I have the PopClip extensions for DEVONthink Pro Office but I would love to be able to do that in DA.

Thanks!

DEVONagent includes actually a service (see System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services) for searching. Or do you want to perform this in your own scripts?

Ideally, I’d love to be able to do this from my own scripts, but I can definitely use this as a fallback.

UPDATE: I’ve tried the “DEVONagent Pro: Lookup” service, but it doesn’t seem to be sending my text to the DA search.

Worked here…

and again (though @cgrunenberg would have to say why the search window is suddenly so wide!) :stuck_out_tongue:

In Safari, for instance, I think I’m running into shortcut issues. The ⌘! code for DA Express loads the first tab. The ⌘/ for DA Pro is mapped to the view/hide status bar in Safari.

Are those the keyboard shortcuts you are using?

I’m not using any shortcuts, just selecting the menu item.

PS: You wrote Command-/. Unless you changed it yourself, the shortcut is Command-\. And yes, that hotkey is working as expected.

Ahhh. Ok. Right-click. Is there not a keyboard shortcut way to do this? That’s ultimately what I’m after, even if it is done via KeyboardMaestro.

EDIT: ⌘\ for me is mapped to Launchbar it seems…

Ahhh. Ok. Right-click.

Nope. DEVONthink 3 > Services.

Is there not a keyboard shortcut way to do this?

?? We are discussing a shortcut already.

So you can only do this with text within Devonthink 3?

Also, I’m looking for a way to open the dialog, focus the search bar so I can start typing all via a keyboard shortcut (I’m amazed at how often I will open Safari/Browser and do a search. I’d rather use DA).

UPDATE:

Below is the closest I can come system-wide. Right-click, Services, DEVONagent Pro: Lookup

I found a working solution. Thank you for your help @BLUEFROG and @cgrunenberg. I can use Launchbar 6’s send to feature to send a text to DA and I can also use it to simply cause the dialog to present.

I’m looking forward to the future DA :wink: with a shortcut!

So you can only do this with text within Devonthink 3?

No.

UPDATE:
Below is the closest I can come system-wide. Right-click, Services, DEVONagent Pro: Lookup

That’s exactly what I was talking about. :stuck_out_tongue: