Small UI possible suggestion

While I have a number of DT databases, I regularly have open only 2 or 3. I toggle between them regularly, but that’s all I do, and I would rather keep the left-most pane closed for the most part.

My current workaround is to have links to the other databases in a document I keep at the top of the contents pane of the database currently in use. What would be nice is if a user could click on icon + name of the current database and see all open databases in a drop-down menu.

Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 20.08.52

1 Like

Why don’t you add the databases to the Favorites?
You can then access them in the Go > Favorites menu.
You could also then use the System Settings or CustomShortcuts.app to assign a hotkey to each.

Also, don’t forget you can also use the Go > To Group popover to jump to a database’s root or inbox. Quickly invoke the popover with Control-Command-G.

Lastly, if you long-press the back and forward Path bar buttons, you can navigate to locations you’ve already visited in that window.

2 Likes

You can assign hotkeys to databases??? :scream: Have you just accidentally given me a reason to finally justify buying a Streamdeck? :joy:

:heart: :smiling_face:

With a favorited database, indeed!
I have a Streamdeck I don’t use much but you certainly could use it for that.

1 Like

but but but… what of workspaces?
I have the same 8 databases open all the time 'cause that’s how I roll, but I use workspaces to bring the one I need to the front and even shift the main window to a different monitor. Workspaces triggered with hotkeys are the bees knees. I could, I guess, have the workspaces only have the DBs open for just that task but it’s been easier to just have them all open and the ability to move stuff around and drop strays into their specific DB when called upon.

Brilliant on both responses! (I feel like an idiot for not trying the long press: it just didn’t occur to me!) And the placing it under favorites and then making it available as a keyboard shortcut: that’s next level!!

1 Like

I wanted to like workspaces so much. I used them when I ran a linux box, but with the rise of bigger monitors, I just sort of went with “everything I could possible want is here already” approach.

What SlickSlack said. I use my databases in different ways, so it’s ideal to have them open already configured to the workspace best suited to the work.