Smart Group--Bug Report

So I wanted to make a Smart Group that includes all files in the database that are not PDFs, but not other Groups or Smart Groups. Tried making a smart group that searches in database where “All of the following are true”: “Kind is not PDF/PS, Kind is not Group, Kind is not smart group” but on hitting okay, it only keeps one of these three conditions, not all 3…

Screenshot below:

after clicking “OK” it does not properly save the 3 conditions…

the third one there is meant to be set to “is not” but either way it doesn’t save all 3…

Thank you for the feedback! This is a known shortcoming, only one “Kind” condition is currently supported per level. But it’s possible by using compound predicates (option-click on the + button to create them)

Christian–

Thanks! That workaround works perfectly–didn’t know about option-click to create compound predicates. Appreciate it.
Best,
Konstantin

Christian–

I spoke too soon! The workaround you suggest doesn’t work–if you create a compound predicate, the same thing happens, where the 2nd and 3rd conditions of the compound predicate disappear…

Best,
Konstantin

It will work-you just need to option-click on the correct + buttons to make it happen.

However, this is perhaps an easier smart group to configure, and will give more accurate results if you are only wanting non-PDF documents.

Thanks Greg–that seems to work. You’re right, I was option-clicking on a + button further down the hierarchy. Wow that’s a confusing interface though! Appreciate the help.

I agree with that-I too am looking forward to this getting fixed at some point. Glad to help out.