Smart rule - Missing files and icon: “item is indexed, not imported”

Dear community,

I found similar topics here, but not a solution which solve my problem.

My environment:

• DEVONthink v3.9.4
    -macOS 13.6

My default workflow for scanning and importing is:

1. Scanning several documents on a specific day (here: 2023-05-20) to “landing”-folder, all files are named then as “2023-05-20_*.pdf”

2. Move these files to index folder on my local drive, here: “/Devon_Scanning_in”

3. Smart rule will be triggered and all files will be OCR’ed and moved to Global Inbox, see screenshot 02*

Normally this process is working without issues.

Yesterday I identified in Log-window, that a few files are marked as missed.

These files were recently imported based on the above workflow with a smart rule and indexed folder.

The files are shown in Global Inbox, see screenshot 01*. Some files are marked with the icon “item is indexed, not imported”. These items are visible in the preview window, but marked with “File missing: …” and the location of the indexed folder. Based on “Get Info” there is a file size, but I am not able to export this file.

Some other files processed with the same workflow and on the same day are not impacted, see screenshot 01* (marked with green arrow).

I have already tried “Verify & Repair”, but repairing failed.

My questions:

1. Is it still possible to fix the “File missing”-issue? Are these files really not available?
  2. What is the reason that some files are properly imported and some files not?
  3. Is it possible to identify all items which have a specific icon , e.g. “item is indexed, not imported” or “item is synced but its content is not (yet) downloaded”?

Thanks for reading and any advise appreciated,

Christian

02_smart_rule_Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 17.37.03

• Is it still possible to fix the “File missing”-issue? Are these files really not available?

No, there is no fix and yes, they’re really missing if they’re not in the expected path.

• Is it possible to identify all items which have a specific icon , e.g. “item is indexed, not imported” or “item is synced but its content is not (yet) downloaded”?

You can do a toolbar search for item:indexed or item:pending.

Where is your Devon_Scanning_in folder located? Is it in a cloud-synced location?

It is a local folder.

I was able to restore the relevant files from my backup.

Please feel free to close this topic, no further action required.

Thank you for your quick response.