Smart Rule Precedence?

Let’s say I have 10 or so smart rules for a particular database, but I then add a general “Classify” action for any other documents.

What I would like to happen is that “classify” would be “catch-all” and would happen LAST – after all the more specific rules have been applied.

So, how do I control (or what is) the smart rule apply order precedence?

I apologize if smart rule precedence, or controlling it, is documented; I could not find it.

Thanks,

You can’t control the precedence of smart rules.

You really didn’t give any thought to the obvious use case where people would have multiple rules with possible catch-all?

Uh…Ok.

The order of the smart rules matters, therefore this should work if it’s the last rule.

OK, thanks.

What if I have 100 smart rules for multiple databases. Is there a way to create folders to store them in?

This isn’t possible yet but planned.

1 Like

Too vague…Planned for when? For what release?

We do not comment on development timeframes or state what release features or fixes may be implemented in.

1 Like

Most companies aren’t so worried about letting users know when things will be available – especially when a product like yours is so unique but … whatever…

I presume that would likely increase the chance of overpromising and underdelivering. Which in my opinion is worse than the inverse.

The chance of a higher average customer satisfaction according to the Kano model might actually increase by not sharing a (detailed) development roadmap.

It’s actually a software industry standard not to state delivery dates for new features… But what do I know, only been in the silicon valley rat race since 1990.

2 Likes

Yeah, you are describing how it was … in the 1990s. But, heck that’s 30 years ago, right?

Today I find most companies I work with have roadmaps and are more up front with customers about where a product is going or when a feature will be available.

For example, an XML editor company told me that their JSON document -> JSON Schema feature would not be available until the next version. I was already a customer. So, the new version came out and I got it. Good customer relations. I’ve been working with that company for over a decade.

I don’t know what the situation is with DT, but in my experience (YMMV), companies who “don’t comment on new features”, often don’t have a plan at all for that new feature – based on what I’ve seen in successive versions from those other companies.

I appreciate your comments, but the case in point here is hardly super-duper secret stuff. Rather, it’s a feature that, IMHO, should have been considered, and implemented, to begin with.

Since version 2 of DT, I’ve never been able to get it to do an email import correctly (that is, either without crashing or not importing all the emails.) That’s a “feature” I wish worked correctly now in in 3.0.4.

Well, all the companies I worked for here in Silicon Valley, up to today, have very choreographed ways of announcing new software features. It has all to do with accountability and legal issues. *)

Now there are startups that breaks this, mostly to generate hype so they get more funding, but it just bites them big time later.

We could be patient and wait for features, it’s not a big deal.

*) we are of course excluding NDA based feature pre-disclosures.

1 Like