Smart Rule Selection limit

I created a smart rule to rename the document and a couple custom meta data fields. Its set to on demand. But it will not run when 600 files are selected, but 502 files does work. I have over 100K files in 20 groups to do. These are indexed files.

Also: I have a site that I downloaded with download manager to a finder folder. then indexed the files to DT.

1. If I re-download will it just replace the files that are new?
  2. It appears there is nothing in the as dictionary to select the options for the download, so I would have to manually set these to what I need prior to sending the command, correct?
  3. DT does not delete indexed files when removed from the finder. So could I add another folder of files to index.
  4. I dont see a trigger for on index or update index.
  5. I dont see DEVONtech_storage files indexed at all. But I do see (Autosaved) files from script debugger. Is there a way to stop this? … maybe a future option.

So a screenshot of the settings is the only way to remember how it was downloaded?

1. If Overwrite existing files is disabled in the options, it should download new items.
  2. Correct, there is no download options record in The AppleScript dictionary.
  3. Please clarify what you’re reporting here.
  4. If you are referring to smart rule actions, the On Import is triggered by updated indexed items.
  5. What are you indexing - a DEVONthink database??

Note: These all appear to be unrelated questions under a statement about the Download Manager. In the future, please split these up under different headings or separated by a horizontal rule if they are independent.

I created a smart rule to rename the document and a couple custom meta data fields. Its set to on demand. But it will not run when 600 files are selected, but 502 files does work. I have over 100K files in 20 groups to do. These are indexed files.

• Why are you referring to a selection ?

• Are you manually dragging and dropping 600 files on the smart rule?
    A screen capture of the smart rule could be helpful.

• What are you processing that has 100,000 files in it?

Sorry for the confusion…
If “also” was before the lead paragraph maybe it would have made more sense.

I downloaded a website, a message board on a list server. Its organized by year/month/message000 etc.
I indexed the whole folder in DT
In the Main window view edit pane I have the entire hierarchy
Open a year folder followed by month.
I shift select 900 items, ctrl click, choose Apply Rules “My Smart Rule”
Nothing happens… no beach ball
I select 500 items, ctrl click, choose Apply Rules “My Smart Rule”
the smart rule runs as expected…

So that is the main question.

Items 1-4 are all details on how I can update the original archive monthly without re-downloading everything. its 3GB 100K plus files that I dont want re-downloaded.

1. above - I was thinking I could download a month at a time, drop it in the finder folder hierarchy, let DT index once I changed the smart rule to run on import.

In the end Ill just move the files into dt, delete all the cruft of useless files.

Can you suggest another way to automate?

I may look at importing a list of urls for the future.

Thanks