Sorter freezes!

I’m running OS 10.6.8 and when I drag text from Chrome to the Sorter, it just freezes and I can’t do anything with it. It just sits there open, blocking a big chunk of my screen. Worse, there doesn’t seem to be any way to quit the Sorter as it doesn’t appear as a running application in the Force Quit window. Help!

ps: I have Devonthink Pro Office 2.7.1, Devonsphere express and Devonagent Express.

If you cannot close sorter in DEVONthink > Tools > Quit Sorter, you can quit Sorter by opening Activity Monitor, looking for the Sorter process and then force quit it. (Be careful in Activity Monitor not to kill the wrong process.)

Thanks Korm.

DEVONthink > Tools > Quit Sorter wouldn’t work, but killing the process did the trick. Thanks! (This is obviously some sort of bug. Do Devonthink staff read these forums? It really needs to be fixed).

Staff do read the forum, but opening a support ticket is the best thing.

Take a look in Console and see if there are hang or crash reports, or other console messages, related to this. Attach them to the support ticket; that will help diagnosis.

I’ve opened a ticket. Thanks again Korm.

Having the same problem. Sorter totally hangs up. Had to go into Activity Monitor to Force Quit. Like using it; would appreciate hearing about it if there is a solution.

PS. I’m using DT Pro Office 2.7.1 on a MacAir with OS 10.8.5