Sorter functionality in DEVONthink 3

Hi, in DEVONthink 2 I used the sorter to quickly add files to a couple of specific folders in my database. I need the sorter on the bottom of the screen to reduce dragging and dropping time, and conflicting with a multi-monitor set up. Having updated to V3, I now find I can’t add folders to the sorter, nor can I position it on the bottom of the screen.

The most important for me it to add specific folders to the sorter. Am I missing something in not being able to do this, or has this function been taken away? I can open the folder structure and see all my folders, but I don’t want to do that as there are far too many. I just want 2 folders in there.

Having the sorter on left or right sides of my monitor, including corners, spoils my workflow. It also makes for far more wasted time dragging and dropping into the sorter when I’m doing admin stuff.
When using multiple monitors on a Mac, having the sorter on the sides or corners of the causes problems as the sorter goes to either the far left hand edge of the monitor to the left of the Mac’s screen, or to the far right hand edge of the monitor to the right = miles of screen real estate to traverse just to access it. Please could you give us back the ability to simply drag the sorter into the best position?

Without these 2 features I’ll need to go back to V2.

Many thanks!

Hi

1 In DT3 => preferences=> sorter =>select “In menu Bar”
2 In your database Add your preferate folder “To favorite”
3 Drag your file to the menu bar icon and y’ll see your favorites at the top of the list of folders

Hope this help

Marc

Hi, thanks Marc, that works, a great help.

I prefer having the sorter at the bottom of my screen (my dock’s on the left due to multi monitor set up) as it’s typically closer to the files I need to drag and drop.
The folder icons are now quite a bit smaller than they were in the old sorter, which is a shame for ageing folks like me :wink:

Thanks again for your help.

Al