Sorter text input malfunction

It has been a while since I encountered a bug that required a force quit. Here it is, regarding the menu bar Sorter:

1. Have a DT window open on second monitor
  2. Click on Sorter icon in menu bar on primary monitor
  3. Click on note function button
  4. Click on sorter file tree function button
  5. Type text into search filed

This results in letter repeats and then the sorter partially freezes. Force quit DT to resolve.

I was attempting to type “Crawford Lake”

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 7.02.31 PM

Which version of DEVONthink and of macOS do you use?

DT: 3.9.2
MacBook Pro/Intel

The current version of macOS Ventura is 13.5. Please update and see if the issue persists. Also, you should stay current with the operating system and our point releases.

Updated to 13.5. Issue remains.

Is there anything special about your system, e.g. any third-party extensions or keyboard?

It seems like the problem is related to the way the Sorter is rendering on the external displays. When I access it on the laptop display it’s OK, but on both of the externals (two different types) I’m encountering issues. I don’t think the issue is with text input because it also occurred using the built-in keyboard and trackpad, but FWIW I’m using Logitech MX series keyboard and mouse.

I don’t use the menu bar Sorter all that much so it’s not affecting my individual use-case all that much, but I noticed the issue so thought to mention it.

As an aside, I think the Sorter is a very well designed interface, but I don’t use it as much as I might because of its fixed positioning on the screen. I usually have it disabled so that I can get the Take Note to pop a floating window. But unfortunately this limits the functionality to note taking.

That being said, I don’t seem to encounter any issues on the external displays with the floating Take Note input window. The issue is localized to the Sorter that drops down from the menu bar.

Logitech software has long been known to misbehave on Macs, especially with keyboards. Did you try disabling the software to see if it persists?