I notice some weird behaviour in DevonThink lately.
When I create a new entry (rich or plain text) and start typing, nothing I type is visible. When I switch to another entry and then back to the new entry, the text is visible. Same with editing existing entries. Editing titles and importing works without a problem.
I’m not sure what caused this. I did recently install Tiger, I also recently restored my ibook using a bootable clone
I haven’t been editing a lot in DevonThink due to an unreliable hard disk (see the restore bit ), so this may very well have been going on since I installed Tiger. I have the latest version of DevonThink.
Could this be some setting I overlook? Suggestions are very welcome.
Hmmm, apparently it was just a hickup. Everything is working as expected again. Don’t even know what I did
At a minimum, run repair permissions and Disk First Aid. If you have a heavier duty disk maintenance app such as DiskWarrior, sounds like it may be needed. Try to keep your important files (not just DEVONthink’s database) backed up externally until you find out what’s going on, or are satisfied that you don’t have serious System/disk problems.
I keep everything on an external hard disk, just as well, since my ibooks original harddisk was on the verge of shutting down on me. I had a new hard disk installed just last week, restored data, checked permissions and all. I will keep an eye on other strange happenings and do some more checks.
Thanks for your advice.
Sounds like you are doing the right things!