Strange crash of Devonthink app on macOS Sonoma 14.3 Beta

I currently experience Application crashes on any Devonthink Database whenever I try to open a Group (Folder) by clicking on the “>” char in the Tree view. If I click on the Name of the Folder no crash happens and it opens up as expected. Has anybody else already experienced the same? I hope that this is related to MacOs Beta but I am not sure. I have attached a crash report for more details.

Devonthink Crash report.pdf (130.5 KB)

Welcome @williwusel

It looks like a crash we’ve seen from some other beta users, though development would have to weigh in further, if needed.

PS: Generally we like to have crashes and stalls reported to our support ticket system. In the future, hold the Option key in DEVONthink and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.

PPS: You shouldn’t run a beta operating system on a machine you need to be running properly. If you’re not actively testing and reporting to Apple, I recommend you disable getting beta updates for the OS.

Thanks for the infos, I didn’t know really where to dump the file. Now I know for next time. Can you tell if that looks like a MacOs problem or is this something you may fix in your code?

You’re welcome.
So far it looks like another Sonoma bug AFAIK.

I have updated to Sonoma 14.3 Beta 2 and that seem to have healed the problem.

1 Like