I follow a few RSS feeds in DTP but I can’t keep up and it is painful to manually scan so many titles once they accumulate. What are some strategies to automatically monitor and prune a feed? An AppleScript solution seems likely. Does DevonAgent Pro have something near to this?
- Use URL to retrieve full text of the feed item (originals are abbreviated)
- Keep the fetched item if it contains a match to any of a list of keywords / phrases. Otherwise delete.
- Best way to store the keyword list, it will need periodic updating (e.g. within or outside the script).
- Best case: the keyword is the search string, can contain DTP boolean operators
- Preserve the matching item by moving to a dedicated group outside the feed.