Summarise Highlights as Markdown syntax

Is it possible to control the highlight syntax generated by the Summarise Highlights > as Markdown function? At the moment ==highlight== seems to be winning and the output of the above is DT’s default {==highlight==}, which doesn’t play well with others.

It was mentioned here that there might be a way to post-process the output (possibly strip the curlys out) but I couldn’t find anything on this quickly.

No, you can’t control the behavior.
Also, we use the CriticMarkup syntax. If it’s not working in another application, why not finraft them and ask them to support the syntax?

It’s frustrating that there is no highlight described in the CommonMark spec. CriticMarkup is even less supported/wide-spread and I doubt I’ll get far with Bear/Panda suggesting it. I’m grateful that DT supports other highlight syntaxes for display at least.

Is there a way I can automate a find/replace on a newly generated markdown file in a specific folder?

You might start with the existing DT script in the Edit script folder: Replace Text in Documents.scpt.

Stephen

CriticMarkup actually came before CommonMark. :slight_smile:

You can use a Find and Replace in the Search inspector…
Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 01.58.28 PM

Is it possible to summarise without highlights? Or do I have to search and replace it with nothing?
Oh or create a smart rule… I leave the text above in case that someone was wondering about it, too :sweat_smile:

That’s not possible, you have to postprocess the output again.