Summarize Highlights for webarchive?

Hi there—I’d like to request the ability to summarize highlights for web archives. This saves having to import articles of interest as PDFs before highlighting & annotating.

As it is, there’s a bit of an interface bug: when I highlight in a .webarchive file, the Tools -> Summarize Highlights menu options are available which is a bit misleading. I had to search on the forum to see that summarize highlights is not yet available for html-based files.

Thanks!

5 Likes

Thanks for the bug report, the next maintenance release will fix this.

If possible @cgrunenberg, I’d also love to see the “Summarize Highlights” feature added to Formatted Notes. I absolutely love using that feature with PDFs!! Like @trevormeier, however, I’ve love to skip the step of converting Formatted Notes to PDFs first. Thanks for your consideration!

@cgrunenberg I think the same interface bug exists with Formatted Notes (Re: Summarize Highlights visible in menu).

Somewhat relatedly, @cgrunenberg I’m not sure if this is a bug or a feature request, but when I’m in List view without a Preview window open (Preview - None) and I open in the Inspector to Annotations (Document - Annotations), I’m not able to see the selected PDF’s annotations until I either (1) open a Preview window (e.g., Widescreen or Standard) or (2) open a document viewer window. I’d love to be able to see that information in the Inspector without opening or previewing the PDF. Thanks!

1 Like

when I’m in List view without a Preview window open (Preview - None) and I open in the Inspector to Annotations (Document - Annotations), I’m not able to see the selected PDF’s annotations until I either (1) open a Preview window (e.g., Widescreen or Standard) or (2) open a document viewer window. I’d love to be able to see that information in the Inspector without opening or previewing the PDF. Thanks!

That is not a bug. It’s intentional and mandatory. The same goes for seeing document thumbnails.

The next release will fix this.

@cgrunenberg I clipped a webpage into the webarchive file, highlighted some of the words and then clicked “Tools -> Summarize Highlights ->to RTF/Markdown”, nothing happened. How can I get it work or where should I find the summarize file?

Summarize Highlights doesn’t currently work with webarchives or formatted notes.

Thanks, and have you considered adding this in the future release?

There is a long list of possible enhancements. This is on the list.

Is there a roadmap we can view to see when this feature would be made available?

Welcome @odebroqueville

Sorry but no. Development plans are not for public access and we don’t comment on development timeframes.