Sync conflict

Just today, I have a sync conflict window that comes up upon immediately opening DT, but then it quickly goes away and I’m unable to tell DT how to resolve the conflict. This means the sync process gets stuck because I think DT is waiting for my input but I can’t give it!

Perhaps one way is to reset window placement or whatnot. How do you do this?

The “bring all to front” command does not reveal the Sync conflict window.

I’m having the same issue. Get this very brief window opens then disappears. One of my two databases syncing through dropbox refuses to complete syncing now.

Yup…definitely a problem. :unamused:

What edition and version of DEVONthink and OS X are you running?

Does this persist after a machine reboot? I can’t replicate it here.

DEVONthink Pro Office 2.8.6 (this occurred in both the public release version and even after the installation of the items in the zipped file you emailed me).

OS X 10.10.5

Machines I run:

MacBook Air 4,2 (mid-2011 model)
MacBook Pro 11,1 (mid-2014 model; I think)
iMac (mid-2011 model; I think — this is at the office where I’m not right now)

And yes, this persists after a reboot.

However, I am no longer receiving these symptoms after I resolved my conflicts by essentially manually replacing the databases (including the Global Inbox) of each machine.

Symptoms may reappear where there is another sync conflict.

After viewing my dropbox folder for one of my databases I noticed a conflicted copy of my recordCount file. I deleted this conflicted copy but problem persists. My other database and global inbox are not suffering from this.

Devonthink Pro Office 2.8.6
OSX 10.10.5

Any instructions on how to manually replace the databases as chdevonthink has suggested??

After viewing my dropbox folder for one of my databases I noticed a conflicted copy of my recordCount file. I deleted this conflicted copy but problem persists. Viewing it where? Also, you should not delete files like this manually.

Please start a Support Ticket.

I manually replaced copies of my database only on the local computer, not the cloud server which in my case was Box Sync.

As previously mentioned, I have three local computers that all use two databases (the Global Inbox and one called KnowledgeWorker). I simply used the Finder’s copy and paste function to replace each computer’s local DEVONthink database. The source for the database was my USB thumbdrive which I also sync to.

Once all local copies of the databases were replaced, I then used the “Clean Location” function to clean my Box sync.

I couldn’t deal with (yet again; how many times? :unamused: ) such nagging sync issues which pop up every now and then.