Sync is not really working between iOS and Mac

Anyone else having trouble with sync between computer and iOS? On both phone and iPad, the sync pane reports that sync is done by elsewhere I get reports like “113 items left to upload.” I have DTTG on background app refresh but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Is iOS cutting DT syncs off before they can finish? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

All apps and operating systems (phone, iPad and Macbook Air) are latest version)

Thanks,

David

You’ve left out the most important bit of information–what sync method are you using? And have you tried the things in the “Troubleshooting Sync” section of the DEVONthink Manual, or > Help > Sync > Troubleshooting section of the built-in help.

In addition to @rmschne’s astute suggestions, have you verified the database in DEVONthink To Go by long-pressing it on the databases screen and choosing Verify & Repair?

I am using iCloud sync. I thought I had worked my way through all the troubleshooting steps but I will go back through and make sure. Thanks!

In addition to @rmschne’s astute suggestions, have you verified the database in DEVONthink To Go by long-pressing it on the databases screen and choosing Verify & Repair?

I had never heard of that. (I mean, on iOS. I V&R all the time on desktop, of course.)

And … it seems to have done the trick. After verifying and repairing as you said to, iOS database is back in sync.

Thank you! Very glad to learn about this.

2 Likes