Sync Issue - The data couldn’t be read because it isn’t in..

Hello,

I’m running Devonthink Pro Office v. 2.8.3 on two Macs (both 10.11.5) not on the same network. I have 12 separate databases which were copied from one machine to the other initially. I want to keep these databases in sync, so I set up a Dropbox sync store (I’m at one machine on the weekends, the other the rest of the time). I have plenty of Dropbox space, and followed the tutorial of syncing all the databases and then turning off selective sync for the Apps>Devonthink. I thought all of this went well. I have not had any problems using the databases in Devonthink. However, when it syncs (auto daily in the wee hours) I get the following message (which could be for any of the databases, and any file within a given database)

“9:48:04 PM: Sync: Collections -> xxxx@xx.com (Dropbox) 50-color.jpg: (Could not load a record (The data couldn’t be read because it isn’t in the correct format.))”

I say any file because if I delete 50-color.jpg, some other file will give me the same error. I say I have had no problem with databases in DT because I can open 50-color.jpg on either machine without issue. Neither is the issue limited to just the “Collections” database.

I have rebuilt the database(s) using Database properties>Rebuild and Tools>Rebuild Database. Neither seem to get rid of the problem. All I’ve been able to glean from the web is that “The data couldn’t be read because…” is apparently a message lots of Mac apps (Google Earth for example) can generate.

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be appreciated. One last piece of information, the “weekday” machine is set up to be a DT server. I was never able to make that work over WAN, so Dropbox syncing was my fallback.

Thanks,

Gary

Please start a Support Ticket.