Sync not working

I am trying to set up a sync between a folder that contains sub-folders and documents (around 150) and DTTG. I get the date into DTP fine and put it in the mobile sync folder and start the sync but it hangs after 3-5 docs have been processed. I have deleted, added, reset, etc and it continues to not work. The same files went effortlessly into Evernote, etc so there is not problem with the files.

I have almost exactly the same problem, but may have a workaround. DTTG appears to struggle with groups–since I wanted my desktop file folder contents to be reflected in my DT programs, I pulled all files out of the folder I was indexing except one. The single file and folder, after indexing in DTPO, sync’d fine. I then added files back to the desktop folder a few at a time, updated the indexing in DTPO, and sync’d successfully with DTTG. I added larger and larger numbers of files; still worked. Don’t know what the limit is (other folks on the board discuss trying to sync with smaller amounts of data), and I don’t know if this workaround would be effective with subfolders. Workaround is tolerable if importing/indexing large numbers of files by folders into corresponding groups ONCE, with only minor changes thereafter. Will get mighty tedious mighty quickly.

[deleted]

The sync is not “slow”–it freezes completely on file #3 or 4. File sizes range from tens of K to 3 or 4 MB, with the norm around 400k. Every time, trying to sync a group (folder) with more than one file freezes. Every time, after successfully syncing a group containing only one file, any number of files can be added and synced successfully. As I add groups only occasionally, I’m quite happy with sync performance once I execute this “work around.”

Oh, and the database was brand new. Not likely to be a corruption problem when these files were the first to be added. I’ll try the Tools suggestion when I get the chance, though, using a new group.

Hi everybody…

I had the same problem.
I tried creating a direct network connection between my mac and my iPad (“create network”). With this network sync runs smoothly and quite fast…

It seems weird but worked…

Regards
David