Sync through Dropbox Stopped between iMac and Laptop

The Sync between my iMac and laptop stopped upon returning from vacation. The two devices synced just before I left. Upon returning they are not syncing through Dropbox.

I did not notice this right away since both devices go through the sync routine as observed in the Sync Preference pane. I have unique material on each device since I did not notice this right away. This has been a very reliable platform for me. I have several databases that sync through Dropbox and none of them seem to be working.

How do I go about resolving this without starting over on one of the devices?

Thank you for the help.

-bob

In DEVONthink, hold the Option key and select Help > Report Bug to start a support ticket. Thanks.

Just realized the same problem was happening to me. Just submitted a bug report.

Once the support ticket is created in my email client, where should it be sent?

A support address does not appear in the email. Additionally, should I include my post from the form with the bug report?

-bob

What email client are you using?

AirMail 3.5.9

Airmail has very limited inter-application communication channels. (Apple Mail is by far the best of breed for this kind of thing.)

You can use it but you’ll have to grab some resources manually.

In the Finder, press Command-Shift-G and paste: ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2. Attach the Console.log as well as the Sync.log from the Cloudy folder to the drafted email.

Send it to support -at- devontechnologies -dot- com.

Submitted using Apple Mail.

Thank you for the tip. I will reconsider Apple Mail in light of your comment, haven’t used it in years.

-bob

I too have this problem, it started on July 27th. The “source” system reports that it has successfully synchronized, however none of the downstream sync clients get the data. Bonjour sync works, but Dropbox doesn’t. I tested this across multiple databases with the same results. This is true across iOS and OSX downstream sync clients.

Bug from OSX submitted.

Hello

Just realized the same problem was happening to me. Just submitted a bug report.

OSX 10.13.6 Dropbox 53.4.67 Latest version of DevonThink

Regards

Roland

I have the same problem - Dropbox sync stopped working, but CloudMe sync is still working ok. I sent the Log files.

I had to “Clean Location” on the dropbox sync in order to get this to work, this purges the entire sync store out of Dropbox…which can be painful. I had 14GB and 39+ objects in my database, thankfully I am on a high speed Internet connection and was able to get between 150-350megabits/sec upload to Dropbox.

Just noticed the same problem this morning, and came here looking for troubleshooting tips. Last item to sync appears to be on July 27th. Support Ticket has been submitted.

Same here. In iOS no matter how many times I press on the cloud icon, the content won’t sync with my iMac’s database. I am also using dropbox sync.

Thanks

Are you able to successfully verify the sync store (see contextual menu in Preferences > Sync)? Is anything logged to Windows > Log?

For my case (MacOS and iOS), I have no idea why it happened but it’s working again today.

Thanks

I’m so glad to see this working again. Thank you!