Sync

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 14.03.16.pngGetting increasingly frustrated as not able to consistently sync between by iMac and macbook pro a series on databases.

When I try to manually sync I get a message as per attached. It then just hangs and doesn’t sync. I can’t even start sync from the “other side” (MBP) as the iMac does show up in the server list.

Any thoughts?

Look in the Console – if there are any DEVONthink messages relating to your problem, open a ticket with Support for targeted help. (Better than the forum for this sort of thing.)

On some local networks – and with some machines – I’ve always found that the Mac-to-Mac connection (managed by OS X) is not always reliable. Before I sync DEVONthink over a local network I open Finder, click the remote device that I’m syncing with, and validate that I can connect (e.g., I can see the remote device folder structure in Finder). It’s a pain – but my MacBook Air never finds my MacPro reliably, and it’s not worth troubleshooting why. If your Macs are not connecting, then DEVONthink cannot, either.

I find syncing frustrating too. There is this constant verification failed problem. You fix it with verify and repair and then it reappears. What makes the databases need to be continually be repaired?

I am waiting since one year now for a working Sync solution.

I know that they are working on it, but meanwhile, DTPO should inform about issues.
The biggest problem in my opinion is that the Activity Window doesn’t stay open.
So when Syncinc stops, the user is even not informed. He has to reactivate the Activity Window, has to look if there is still activity. If not, he hast to look in the Log window whether there is an error or not.

Really, this is incredible that in the last “little” updates the Devon_Team didn’t fix at least this problem, till we are all waiting for a solution that makes Sync less problematic…

I cannot sync successfully either, running 10.10.01, with Dropbox.

Syncing MacBook Pro Retina with iMac27 late 2012 Intel i7, 32MB of RAM.

Very frustrating.

========

9:26:40 PM: Sync: Renal → xxxxxxx@yyy.com (Dropbox) Tags: (Could not load a record (Could not scan data. Data wasn’t encoded properly?))
9:26:40 PM: Sync: Renal → xxxxxxx@yyy.com (Dropbox) The operation was cancelled.
9:31:59 PM: Sync: Renal → xxxxxxx@yyy.com (Dropbox) The operation was cancelled.
9:31:59 PM: Sync: Renal → xxxxxxx@yyy.com (Dropbox) Tags: (Could not load a record (Could not scan data. Data wasn’t encoded properly?))
9:33:45 PM: Sync: Renal → xxxxxxx@yyy.com (Dropbox) The remote database is in use by another client. Please try again later.
9:33:45 PM: Sync: Renal → xxxxxxx@yyy.com (Dropbox) The remote database is in use by another client. Please try again later.
9:37:06 PM: Sync: Renal → xxxxxxx@yyy.com (Dropbox) The operation was cancelled.
9:37:06 PM: Sync: Renal → xxxxxxx@yyy.com (Dropbox) Tags: (Could not load a record (Could not scan data. Data wasn’t encoded properly?))

This should be fixed in the next maintenance release.