Syncing a folder -> DevonThink sub folder

Hi all,

I’ve been giving some thought regarding some of the documentation I do. I write a fair amount of programmatic documentation. This information is intended to be shared with others, and I got that part working fine. What I don’t have working fine is that the documentation is also for me too. For example, I recently gave a talk on using the basics of Git, and some of those commands I listed there are useful for reference for myself even.

So here’s what I’m trying to do. I’d like to figure out a way to have a folder in an arbitrary location (say in OneDrive, but synchronized locally already) and have a file watch that can basically pull in the contents from that folder into DevonThink (maybe as a reference vs a direct import?). Ideally in a similar structure as the folder on disk.

For example, lets say I have a folder structure like the following:
DeveloperDocumentation/Git/Basics.pdf
DeveloperDocumentation/Git/Intermediate.pdf
DeveloperDocumentation/CSharp/EntityFramework.pdf

That in DevonThink I could have a folder called something like “Developer Documentation”, and subfolders for Git and CSharp, with links (or imports) for the PDFs there. Ideally, I’d like this to sync with my own DevonThinkToGo.

I’m tempted to write Applescript to do this, but I wanted to run it by here to see if there’s a simpler solution. Searched through topics, and most anything with “sync” talked about syncing to DropBox/etc, which isn’t what I’m looking for.

Thanks

Indexing the folders (see File > Index…) should handle this.

Thanks, I’ll try that out. I’m hoping that the contents will get pulled into DevonThink To Go as well.