Syncing DEVONthink Pro Files

When I sync two DEVONthink Pro Office databases to a Windows 2003 databank I get the following error message.

“You cannot copy the item “2118612.1111998841848.JavaMail.SYSTEM@kana-app2.rtfd” because the name is too long or includes characters that the disk cannot display.”

I think this relates to some software registrations imported from Mac OS X Mail application.

I find this very worrying as I want to delete all my email relating to software registrations and store it in DEVONthink Pro Office.

Can anyone tell me if this is a bug in the software or how to soft it?

Bill in CH

These are the unique names given to email messages imported from your mail program and it seems that the particular file-system you are using on the Windows server can’t handle it. At the moment there is not much you can do about it I’m afraid since this is used to detect duplicate email messages.

Thanks for your reply. Is there anyway to find out which email it relates to?

I must have imported 300 emails at the same time so I would have expected this error to apply to more than one OR am I mistaken.

Would copying the database from the Windows 2003 server back to a different Mac workstation and looking at it with DEVONthink Pro Office identify the problem email?

Thanks for your help.

Bill Wilkins

This would potentially apply to all imported emails. You can search for the filename (without the extension) in the Search window using the URL option.