Syncing parts of a database

My databases are too big to fit in the iPad. How could i choose that DEvonToGo only syncs documents in one group (that could be named “Sync to iPad” and could contain replicated files )

THank you, i hope this is not a question already answered, i made a research and didn’t fins a topic.

Databases are always completely synchronized, therefore one possibility would be to create a new database for this task. Another possibility is to disable the sync option that contents are automatically downloaded and finally enable the automatic download just for the desired group(s).

1 Like

I already had the idea to make a new database “sync ipad”. The no-go problem is that you cannot replicate from one database to another, so you cannot work on the document on the ipad if you want that the result will be synced back.

So what i did: “Inbox” is already synced on the ipad as it is not very big. Si i made a group “for ipad, read only” , and copy there a copy of the document of another database in order to read it, but not to work on it.

i will try your second proposal, i didn’t see this possibility, thank you.

Please, i don’t find this item (only sync selected groups)?

If you long-tap a database name and select info, you can switch between always or on demand for Download files; you can then change the same setting for each group by long-tap on the respective group name and selecting info.

1 Like

You can do a shallow sync to download contents on demand - as noted by @Blanc just now - but there is no such option to sync parts of a database. Just FYI.

1 Like

this work great: " If you long-tap a database name and select info , you can switch between always or on demand for Download files ; you can then change the same setting for each group by long-tap on the respective group name and selecting info ."
But as always, this option is really to hidden ad should be more obvious IMHO. Also, if you want to check which group is downloaded always, the switch in the option doesn’t show the actual state any more. All these things should be much more clear.

PS: Another chapter in the book “How to build one of the best software in the world and hide important informations and fonctions in non-ergonomic UI”. See the posts about lack of Sync and Check INformation. (I launched three times “Verifiy Database” on the other computer until i understood that once again, i have to open manually the log in order to see the confirmation “Verification OK”)