Syncing question

Hi,

Wondering if someone can help me with this - just trying to work out the most efficient way of doing this.

In the past I have had my databases stored in a Dropbox folder, but on advice from these forums have relocated them to my Documents folder. I now sync these to my phone and iPad. I am in the process of getting a new computer and want to transfer the databases to that and then keep that in sync with my devices, plus old computer.

1. I assume I just copy the databases over to the new mac and then point my old mac to the .dtCloud (Dropbox) sync store (if that’s the correct term)?

2. Syncing does not actually back up the databases anywhere, does it?

Thanks,

Paul

1. Yes, you could copy them over and set up the Sync location (the syncStore :smiley: ) on the new Mac, just as you did on the other devices.
    You could also set up the Sync location and import the database(s) from the Remote section of the databases list (when the Sync location is selected.)
  2. No. Sync is not a backup, nor is it intended to be. We strongly advocate proper primary backups using TimeMachine (or similar application) and external drives.