Tab re-ordering

Dragging and dropping to reorder tabs in the browser would be useful and streamline the HI alongside Safari 3.0.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion but to be honest, Iā€™m curious why thatā€™s necessary or useful.

1. Muscle memory when you have DA open all the time with browser windows delinating subject matter.
  2. The boon of having tabs as a drag source is tear off tabs to create new browser windows to create new subject matter containers.

There I am sure more reasons but those are mine - the fact that nearly every modern browser supports tab reordering, it becomes something people shape their workflow around. Any reviews you see of Safari 3 state more that just a feature enhancement but that safari ā€œfinallyā€ handles this and dually supported tear off tabs in both the browser and terminal window.

This seems like a useful feature for any application focused on a potential of a large number of document windows. Least of all an application that aids research explicitly.

I wouldnā€™t mind having drag & drop tabs in DEVONagent.

In DEVONagent I have three tabs containing URLs and severals blank ones for temporary stuff. DEVOnagent remembers them and reloads them after a relaunch. I prefer that to Safariā€™s Bookmark Tabs, because except for the first 3 tabs, the other ones that may be in use are ā€˜floatingā€™ and I donā€™t want to permanently bookmark them. I usually avoid having a lot of tabs loaded at the same time, to leave more memory available for my DT Pro Office database.

tab reordering would be cool. Iā€™m not sure when and why I use it, but I know that I do fairly often. Definitely one of thos nice to haves.

ā€“
Bill

Iā€™ve used it to reorder tabs so I can read a series of articles in the sequence I prefer. For instance, a blog might recommend an article and then link to other blogsā€™ comments. Sometimes I donā€™t realize I want to persue the subject until Iā€™m deeper into the text and Iā€™ve already opened a few tabs. Then I go back and open the original article in another tab. When I used a browser with this feature, I could reorder the tabs so I could read the original article and then, as I closed that tab, the next window would contain comments that expand on the originalā€“and so on.

Itā€™s also been helpful to drag tabs to another window so I could, in a sense, group related things as I explore.

Mark

This is a feature that I too would like to see. Since at this point itā€™s become a standard interface convention for browsers, I often find myself attempting to drag DEVONagent tabs through sheer force of habit even though I know that DEVONagent doesnā€™t support it.

I use tab re-ordering all the time in Safari. I really would like to see it in DA.