Table fonts very small when printed

Fonts print very small when printing a table. It appears this is caused by an invisible row above the table that the ruler shows to be about 15 inches wide while the table itself is 7 inches wide. I’m thinking the existence of the invisible row is the cause of my problem…the shrinking of print output to accommodate its length.

I have attempted to delete or resize the row in question with no success. I’m open to suggestions for a fix…thanks.

A screenshot might be useful.

Good idea…

This screenshot shows a table immediately after creation. Note it’s about 15" wide:

This one shows the table after the width was reduced to 7". I selected the entire table to show the invisible rows above and below.

It’s the 15" wide invisible rows that are causing the body of the table to print very small. This appears to be because the print driver it attempting to scale output to include the wide rows.

Your right page margin is past 15".

5573016622726f81a39d7ff2bbebe037542f67e6_2_690x141

Your right page margin is past 15".

Yes, it is…

How can I adjust the document to 8½" x 11" with 1" margins all the way around?

Move the right margin to your desired location.
The page size is determined by what paper size you’re printing to in File > Page Setup. You should also be able to set up page margins for the paper size too.

Move the right margin to your desired location.

By right margin, do you mean adjusting the width of the application window? I’m not seeing another obvious method.

The page size is determined by what paper size you’re printing to in File > Page Setup. You should also be able to set up page margins for the paper size too.

Here’s a shot of the Page Setup dialog. I can select everything except margins. There’s also no option for margins in the Print dialog. Is the option available elsewhere?

1B895965-ABED-410A-8827-E9424052BC0D

might be useful to you to read Apple’s page setup guide at https://support.apple.com/guide/textedit/adjust-margins-and-paragraphs-txte313927e3/mac

Textedit is basically (or actually, I do not know) the same as the RTF edit in DEVONthink.

Yep. We use Apple’s text engine just as TextEdit does.

Excellent suggestion…thank you for the link.

I do notice the position of the right window edge in TextEdit has no bearing on the print margin as it does in DEVONthink. I pasted my table into a TextEdit window to see whether it’s function would be the same.

I find DEVONthink’s implementation a bit odd, but now that I know how it works it’ll be fine. I don’t expect to be printing tables often.

good it helped. i don’t think DEVONthink implemented anything special, especially anything odd. using it for years.