Table of contents and thumbnails not showing

I have a PDF in Devonthink that includes a table of contents, and presumably also thumbnails - when I open it in Mac Preview, it shows the TOC and also the page thumbnails. In Devonthink however, under the “content” tab in the details pane, both TOC and thumbnails are empty. I right-clicked the file and selected thumbnails/create, but it still doesn’t show thumbnails for the pages. Any help appreciated!

1 Like

Which version of macOS and DEVONthink do you use? Does this never happen or affect only certain PDF documents?

Latest of both I think; Devonthink 3.8, and OS Monterey 12.0.1. It’s happening with all 3 PDFs that I’ve imported so far. To be clear, I am talking about the TOC and thumbnail section of the inspector pane - not the single thumbnail that appears in the main window.

Please send an example document to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thank you!

I think have found the answer. It seems that the TOC and thumbnails only show if the document is being shown in the DV preview window, am I correct?

That’s correct.

OK…thanks!

Could we add a feature that we can browse the thumbnails and TOC without having to have the item open in the viewer window?