I have been using DT3 for about 2 years now, but I still can’t wrap my head around the tabs.
In most apps, tabs are treated like that:
- There is one window, that contains
- multiple windows, that more or less contain instances of that app
- those instances are accessible in tabs
In DEVONthink it is like that:
- tabs can only contain documents
- You can have multiple tabs,
DEVONthink for me is like an enhanced file manager. More or less like the Finder. In many ways it works like the finder. So it would be great, if it used tabs in a similar way to the finder:
- Tabs should be able to contain folders or files.
- One tab could be the widescreen representation of a folder for example
- another one a simple list
The sidebar could always stay the same, as in the Finder, too.
I recorded a little demo of different tabs in one finder window here: Link to demo
Would that be possible?
PS: By the way, why do you call “folders” “groups”? Why don’t you just call them folders, like other file m