Tags not auto populating

Do tags not auto populate as you begin typing anymore? They did this on the 2.x versions.

Suggestions should appear after typing three or four characters.

If not, does this persist after rebooting the device?

This happens quite often to me as well, together with the tags being duplicated if I type in existing tags.

Happens on and off to me, also.

Welcome @DGGoingUphil

Could you provide an example tag that isn’t working when you type in the first few letters ?

I can’t remember now. It seemed like there was a period when all tags weren’t coming up on one device, which led to the issue someone else mentioned where I ended up with two tags, both having different stuff attached to them. I tried deleting one, renaming it to a cut and paste of the other, and removing all its items, nothing stuck. Restarts made no difference. I then went to another device (I think I started on iPad and then went to iPhone) and moved the items from one tag to after and deleted the duplicate tag (all was behaving properly on my iPhone). Then everything started working again as expected on both devices. I’m using CloudKit sync with Bonjour enabled.

I’ve seen this for all tags, including “bookmark”, “email”, and etc.

The first test is with a migrated database from DT To Go 2
On my iPhone SE with DT To Go 3.0.3 the popup show only one suggestion and only for the first and second tag is displayed. The tags are duplicated, as mentioned in the thread.

The tags

Enter first tag and shows only one suggestion

Enter second tag and shows only one suggestion

Enter third tag and shows no suggestion

The second test is with a new database in DT To Go 3 (3.0.3)
On my iPhone SE with DT To Go 3.0.3 the suggestions is displayed as with DT To Go 2. I think that the index of the tags is wrong when the data from DT To Go 2 is migrated

The tags

Enter first tag and shows three suggestions

Enter second tag and shows three suggestions

Enter third tag and shows the last two suggestions

Enter fourth tag and show the last suggestion

Update this Post
Deleting the database on the iPhone and re-synchronizing it with the Mac also helps

1 Like

Thanks for the diligent investigation. I will reference your post in the issue on file.