Talk about knowing your audience

Pulled up the website today to remind myself how to get to the forum.

Talk about knowing your audience. There are many times I’m in meetings and can pull up all sorts of relevant information, seemingly out of nowhere, leaving folks to question how I manage to be such an evil genius.

Don’t know what I’d do without DevonThink!

Actually, that’s not true. I’d probably still be using Evernote for knowledge management :rofl:

1 Like

Agreed. I use DTPO every single day and do my support in a DEVONthink database (and have for almost 7 years now) :slight_smile:

what do you mean with “do support within devonthink database”? can you reply to the forum using devonthink? I thought it’s read-only like a RSS reader?

can you reply to the forum using devonthink?

DEVONthink can be used to browse websites and has had this capability for a loooong time. I am reading and answering this post directly in Pro Office.

wow, DT is always a step better than I can imagine

Apart from many - there are some things in life I’ll never regret. Buying Devonthink pro Office and now Devonthink 3 Pro

is one of them. If you are interested - just read on because it might inspire you to clean out your cellar or loft and start memorize your life for your grandkids. I am a german retired merchant mariner and over the years I have collected lots of love letters and pictures and papers and e-mails from all over the world. On the other hand, I found papers from my parents and grandparents, they were forced to prove their identities before and in times of war. I am far from being a racist but I am a realist - there may come times when our grandkids might have to prove that again. So I bought a simple scanner ( Canon Lide 220 ) and converted all that paper into jpg’s and pdf’s. In order to find the way through the jungle - OCR is essential.

Without OCR you do not need a program like that . Well, everything went fine with Devonthink pro Office but after upgrading to DT 3 Pro I lost OCR. Anyhow, I still have Pro Office and the OCR works well inside that program and the databases

are somehow not affected after closing them here and opening them there again. Amazingly. I am still with OS X El Capitan.

By the way, I am not a gamer. Search and destroy is not my way. I was fascinated by Ubisoft’s Myst, Riven, Exile etc. and

I am keen to say that I found similarities in the a.m. programs. There is so much to discover and turn into amazing results that I stopped reading my kindle and started reading the forum and supports. Very well done by decent folks and knowledgeable counterparts. A pleasure to read and discover and try out…Enough. Try it out as long as it’s free and get hooked if you are a realist.

By the way, I don’t get money from Mr. E.B. but I appreciate what he and his staff is doing.

3 Likes

What exactly does not work and which beta do you use? The latest one (3.0beta4)?

I bought 3.0beta3 and licensed it. When converting a pdf from scanner and performing OCR the system crashed on my Macbook Pro as well as on my IMac. When I tried to convert a pdf from within a database, the system crashed as well. All open databases are closed when I restart the program.

Recently I was upgrading to 3.0beta4 and it’s the same on both computers. Do you need the crash reports ?

Yes, please send them to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thanks!